FU:APUNAT11 Selected Chap. in App. Math. I - Course Information
APUNAT11 Selected Chapters in Applied Mathematics IInstitute of physics in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/3/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Kovář, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jaroslav Vrba, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Kovář, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jaroslav Vrba, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Kovář, Ph.D.
Institute of physics in Opava
- Tue 13:55–14:40 B1
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- ( FAKULTA ( FU ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ))
Experience in high school math.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Goal of the course is to introduce basic methods of analytic geometry, vector calculus and mathematical analysis. The goal is not to provide students with a full mathematical education in the mentioned fields, but only with the grounding necessary for a study of the basic physics courses. The attention is paid mainly to the problem solving instead of theoretical issues.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be experienced in using of basic methods of analytic geometry, vector calculus and mathematical analysis necessary for a study of the basic physics courses.
- • Analytic geometry and vector calculus • Mathematical analysis I (functions and their derivatives, Taylor series, etc.) • Mathematical analysis II (indefinite and definite integral, applications, etc.)
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, discussions, problem solving.
- Assessment methods
- Within the semester, students are evaluated on the basis of two written tests and on the basis of their activity. The exam consists of two parts. In the first part, students are asked to solve five problems, while in the second one, students answer related questions.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fu/winter2022/APUNAT11