FU:MTNPPV005 Document. and art photography - Course Information
MTNPPV005 Documentary and art photographyInstitute of physics in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Stuchlík, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MgA. Miroslav Zeman (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Stuchlík, CSc.
Institute of physics in Opava
- ( FAKULTA ( FU ) && TYP_STUDIA ( N ))
Basic knowledge of photography.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multimedia Techniques (programme FU, MMTNM)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to create a photographic work on a free or assigned topic. The seminars present works by important authors of Czech and world documentary photography, or important authors in the subject of documentary photography are invited for consultations and discussions with students. During the seminars, students can discuss the course of creation and consult the work with a teacher who will lead them to the final set of photographs. The seminars also discuss the issue of computer processing and the use of scientific image outputs for artistic purposes.
- Learning outcomes
- - photographic artwork - Basic knowledge of Czech and world documentary and art photography - use of scientific image outputs for artistic purposes.
- - Introduction to Czech documentary photography - Introduction to world documentary photography - Getting acquainted with Czech art photography in the field of fashion and advertising - Introduction to world art photography in the field of fashion and advertising - Consultation of own photographic file - Getting acquainted with the possibilities of how to use scientific image outputs for artistic purposes
- required literature
- Birgus, Vladimír a Mlčoch, Jan. Česká fotografie 20. století.
- recommended literature
- 8. Pospěch, Tomáš (ed.): Myslet fotografii. Česká fotografie 1938–2000. PositiF, Praha 2014
- Westerbeck, Colin - Meyerowitz, Joel. Bystender: A History of Street Photography. Little, Brown and Company, Boston, 1994. ISBN 80-238 -5238-8
- 5. Macek, Václav (ed.): The History of European Photography – všechny díly, Central European House of Photography, Bratislava.
- Greenough, S. Robert Frank´s The Americans - Looking In. Steidl, Göttingen, 2009. ISBN 9783865217486
- BIRGUS, Vladimír and Pavel SCHLEUFLER. Česká fotografie v datech 1839-2019 (Czech Photography in Dates, 1839-2019). Praha: Grada Publising, 2020. 384 pp. ISBN 978-80-271-0535-9. info
- POSPĚCH, Tomáš and Lucia L. FIŠEROVÁ. Role fotografie / Rozhovory o různé fotografii – Tomáš Pospěch (ed.) (The role of photography / Interviews on various photography – Tomáš Pospěch (ed.)). Praha: Positif, 2019. 151 pp. ISBN 978-80-87407-27-1. info
- Teaching methods
- lecture, exercises, seminar, consultations
- Assessment methods
- participation in seminars 50%, photographic file on a free or assigned topic, successful completion of the oral part of the exam and defense of their own photographic file.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.