FU:APDMAT46 Electronic Circuits and System - Course Information
APDMAT46 Electronic Circuits and SystemsInstitute of physics in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Petr Čermák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Daniel Charbulák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Tomáš Janečka (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Daniel Charbulák, Ph.D.
Institute of physics in Opava
- Fri 9:45–11:20 PU-UF
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- ( FAKULTA ( FU ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ))
Successful completion of the course "Sensors and Measurement of Physical Quantities"
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physical Diagnostic Methods (programme FU, APFYZB)
- Course objectives
- The course is a free continuation of the basics of semiconductor components in the course "Sensors and Measurement of Physical Quantities" and expands the topic of designing simple electronic circuits. In the next part, more complex analog and analog / digital electronic connections used by measuring and control systems are discussed.
- Learning outcomes
- After successfully completing the course, the student should be able to explain the function of basic semiconductor components and design and assemble simple electronic circuits using them.
- 1. Diodes and diode rectifiers. Voltage stabilization by Zener diode. Bipolar transistors, setting and stabilization of the operating point of a single-transistor amplifier. Properties of basic amplifier stages and their sorting into multistage amplifiers. Amplifier stages with DC and AC coupling, applications of ss, nf and vf. Basic power nf applications with amplifier transistors in class A, B, AB. Transistor limiter. Serial voltage regulators. Flip-flops with bipolar transistors - (astable, monostable).
- 2. Unipolar transistors J FET and MOS FET. Specifics of field effect transistors. Characteristic parameters. Characteristics of FET transistors. Area of enrichment and impoverishment. Basic connection of FET transistors. Power transistors FET characteristics, basic properties and comparison with bipolar transistor, applications.
- 3. Switching semiconductor devices with multiple transitions and their VA characteristics. Thyristor and triac. Basic properties, VA characteristics. Switching thyristors on and off. Basic connection and use.
- 4. Operational amplifiers (OZ). Basic properties and parameters of ideal and real trademarks. Basic connection with OZ as amplifier, operational rectifier and for realization of mathematical operations on electrical signals (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, logarithm). Integration and derivation and complex functions. Differential amplification stage with OZ. Implementation of low, high and bandpass.
- 5. Analog and digital signal converters. Properties of converters. Number of quantization levels, bit width, range, resolution, converter accuracy. Types of codes used. Converter errors. Parallel converters: with current and voltage output, with switchable resistor networks. Serial converters. Converters with indirect transmission. Converters with stepwise comparison. Compensation transducers: tracking, with gradual proximity, with charge compensation. Integration converters: with intermediate conversion to frequency and interval. Special converters. Voltage to frequency converters: converter with MKO and reference source.
- required literature
- Sobotka. Přehled číslicových systému. Praha, 1981.
- Vrba. Teorie vzájemného převodu. Brno, 2010.
- Brandštetter P. Elektronika. Skripta VŠB, Ostrava, 1991.
- recommended literature
- Peček Jiří. Elektronika v kostce. BEN, 2002. ISBN 80-86056-80-5.
- J. Stránský a kol. Praha. Polovodičová technika I., II. 1973–82, SNTL, Praha, 1973.
- M. Vala. Základy elektrotechniky a elektroniky - úvod do teorie obvodů. Ostravská univerzita, 2002.
- Láníček Robert. Elektronika, obvody – součástky – děje. BEN, 1999. ISBN 80-860-5625-2.
- Teaching methods
- Lecture with discussion Demonstrations, projections Individual consultations
- Assessment methods
- Attendance at seminars 75%, elaboration of assigned seminar papers from seminars, successful completion of the written and oral part of the exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fu/summer2023/APDMAT46