OPF:CVABPCDM Tourism Destination Management - Course Information
CVABPCDM Tourism Destination ManagementSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Miroslava Kostková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Vaníček, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Klára Václavínková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Vaníček, CSc.
Department of Tourism and Leisure Activities - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Pavlína Pellešová, Ph.D.
- Thu 22. 9. 8:05–11:20 VD110, Thu 6. 10. 8:05–11:20 VD110, Thu 20. 10. 8:05–11:20 VD110, Thu 3. 11. 8:05–11:20 VD110, Thu 17. 11. 8:05–11:20 VD110, Thu 1. 12. 8:05–11:20 VD110, Thu 15. 12. 8:05–9:40 VD110
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ) && FORMA ( P ) && ( ROCNIK ( 2 ) || ROCNIK ( 3 ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 34 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 33/34, only registered: 0/34
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Tourist Industry and Tourism (programme OPF, B_CRT)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide students with knowledge related to institutional management in the public and business sector of tourism. The student acquires knowledge in the field of tourism destination management, product creation and planning of sustainable tourism development. After completing the course, he will be familiar with tourism policy and institutional management of tourism, ways of organizing tourism in individual tourist regions, destination products, destination management and joint management and strategic action of various partners in tourism destinations. Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to: - identify and summarize important features of destination management, - identify and describe current domestic and foreign trends in destination product creatio, - describe the factors that influence destination managemen, - apply methods of strategic management of destination managemen, - design elements of partnership in the field of destination development management.
- 1. Tourism policy and institutional management of tourism Method of tourism organization in individual tourist regions, functional model of organization, experience abroad, models of destination management. Three-level model of organization, issues of marketing and tourism management at the regional level. Sustainable tourism and tourism destinations. 2. Development and elements of destination management The concept of destination development in the 1970s and 1980s, their goals and the means and measures needed to achieve the goals. Development of destination management according to three periods. Current principles of tourism management in destinations - cooperation of actors from the private and public sector. Individual subjects in the management system. 3. Typology of tourism destinations and definition of tourist regions The concept of tourism destinations, the concept in a broader sense, administratively defined territorial unit, purpose-oriented territorial unit, etc. Definition of tourist regions and their classification. 4. Utilization of the potential of the destination for the development of tourism Tourism potential, total potential, categories of partial potentials of tourism and characteristics of three main forms. 5. Creation of destination management products The destination must create a tourism product, offering tourist attractions for a multi-day stay of tourists in the tourist region. Product forms, discount cards. 6. Partnership in destination management The basic precondition for effective destination management, partnerships between the private, public and non-profit sectors with the support of the destination's inhabitants. Communication towards the customer, communication between stakeholders, cooperation between sectors and cooperation within individual sectors. 7. Tourism destination marketing Marketing mix in the destination of tourism, its orientation, target markets, specific marketing mixes. The marketing mix, 6 main elements of the marketing mix and their definition (product - services, price, distribution, promotion, people, cooperation). 8. Approaches and concepts of tourism management at the regional level Destination management and differences from corporate management. Joint management and strategic action of various partners, respecting six basic factors: key business systems, market utilization networks, brand policy, quality management, education and training management, destination management company. Globalization and integration in tourism.
- required literature
- PALATKOVÁ, M. Marketingový management destinací. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2011. ISBN 978-80-247-3749-2. info
- VANÍČEK, J. Destinační management a marketing. Spolupráce soukromého a veřejného sektoru. Vzdělávací modul 3. Jihlava: Vysoká škola polyte, 2008. info
- recommended literature
- KOTÍKOVÁ, H. a E. SCHWARTZHOFFOVÁ. Cestovní ruch a rekreace: Organizace, řízení a marketing v destinaci. Olomouc: Papírtisk, 2014. ISBN 978-80-244-4430-7. info
- PLZÁKOVÁ, L. a P. STUDNIČKA. Řízení cestovního ruchu v České republice ? minulost, současnost, budoucnost. Praha: Wolters Kluwer, a.s., 2014. ISBN 978-80-7478-593-1. info
- NEJDL, K. Management destinace CR. Praha: VŠH, 2010. ISBN 978-80-87411-08-7. info
- KIRÁĽOVÁ, A. Marketing destinace cestovního ruchu. Praha: Ekopress, 2003. ISBN 80-86119-56-4. info
- FORET, M. a V. FORETOV. Jak rozvíjet místní cestovní ruch. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2001. ISBN 80-247-0207-X. info
- Teaching methods
- - theoretical preparation, - presentation and defence of seminar work, - solving case studies, - a survey of the activities of destination companies through a questionnaire survey.
- Assessment methods
- - 60% mandatory participation in seminars (10% evaluation), - elaboration of seminar work and its successful defence (10% of evaluation), - active involvement in the research activities of the department (20% of the evaluation), - written exam (60% evaluation).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/zima2022/CVABPCDM