OPF:FIUBKNDA Indirect Taxes in the CR - Course Information
FIUBKNDA Indirect Taxes in the Czech RepublicSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 16/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Šárka Sobotovičová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tetiana Konieva, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Šárka Sobotovičová, Ph.D.
Department of Finance and Accounting - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: Ing. Ivana Koštuříková, Ph.D.
- Sat 4. 3. 8:05–9:40 A501, 9:45–11:20 A501, Sat 22. 4. 9:45–11:20 A501
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ) && FORMA ( K ) && ( ROCNIK ( 2 ) || ROCNIK ( 3 ))
The course can be registered independently on other courses.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 31/50, only registered: 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Finance and Accounting (programme OPF, B_FU)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide students with key information in the field of consumption taxes. It focuses on the taxation of consumption in the Czech Republic, specifically on the practical functioning of value added tax, excise and energy taxes. The student will get acquainted with the principles of indirect taxes and their current legislation. He will gain theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of value added tax, excise and energy taxes, which will allow him to deal with standard as well as more complex situations related to consumption taxation.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- clarify the historical context and development of consumption taxes;
- understand the VAT harmonization process;
- identify the components of VAT, excise duties and energy taxes;
- apply the acquired knowledge in practice.
- 1. The genesis of consumption taxation
Theory and development of consumption taxation. The position of indirect taxes within the tax system and their importance. Principles of collection of consumption taxes and harmonization within the European Union.
2. Value added tax, legislation and basic concepts
Legal regulation of VAT in the Czech Republic and in the EU. Determination of basic concepts. Definition of tax subjects. Registration for value added tax and cancellation of registration. Registration as a strategic decision of a tax entity.
3. Construction elements of VAT
Subject of the tax. Taxable transactions, place of supply, performance of the transaction and the obligation to declare tax on the supply of goods and services Tax base. Tax calculation. Tax rates and their application.
4. Exempt transactions, special arrangements and reverse charge, import and export
Exempt transactions with and without the right to deduct tax. Delivery of goods to the EU and acquisition of goods from the EU. Determination of commodities and use of the reverse charge regime. Special regimes and their use. Place of performance, performance and obligation to declare tax on import and export of goods.
5. The right to deduct tax and tax documents
Conditions for exercising the right to deduct tax, its correction, adjustment and settlement. Entitlement to deduct tax on change of regime. Issuance and storage of tax documents.
6. Value Added Tax Administration and Tax Claims
Local jurisdiction. Tax period and its change. Records for tax purposes and tax claims. Tax due date. Practical application of VAT, including filling in tax returns.
7. Excise duties
Selection mechanism. Selected products and their specifics. Tax design elements. Excise tax registration and tax administration.
8. Energy taxes
Energy tax collection mechanism. Tax on natural gas and some other gases. Solid fuel tax. Electricity tax. Tax design elements.
- 1. The genesis of consumption taxation
- required literature
- JANOUŠKOVÁ, J. a Š. SOBOTOVIČOVÁ. Nepřímé daně v ČR. Karviná: SU OPF. (k dispozici na univerzitním po, 2018. info
- Daňové zákony a související předpisy ? v aktuálním znění. info
- VANČUROVÁ, A. a L. LÁCHOVÁ. Daňový systém ČR 2016. Praha: 1. VOX, 2016. ISBN 978-80-87480-44-1. info
- recommended literature
- KUNEŠ, Z. Daň z přidané hodnoty 2017. Praha: 1. VOX, 2017. ISBN 978-80-87480-56-4. info
- Webový portál Finanční a Celní správy ČR. info
- not specified
- JAMES, S. a CH. NOBES. The Economics of Taxation: Principles, Policy, and Practice. London: Fiscal publications, 2016. ISBN 978-1906201-32-6. info
- Teaching methods
- Skills demonstration
- Assessment methods
- Combined exam Assessment methods: Continuous test, individual activity, combined exam (points from the written exam, continuous test and individual activity are added up).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Přednáška 16 HOD/SEM.
- Teacher's information
- Requirements for the student: individual activity, continuous test.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/summer2023/FIUBKNDA