OPF:PEMNAKRI Crisis Management - Course Information
PEMNAKRI Crisis ManagementSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Werner Bernatík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Werner Bernatík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Werner Bernatík, Ph.D.
Department of Business Economics and Management - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: Ing. Šárka Zapletalová, Ph.D.
- Thu 9:45–11:20 A406
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( N ) && FORMA ( P )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/25, only registered: 0/25
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Business)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to provide students with the necessary knowledge in a comprehensive way to enable their better orientation in a relatively complex area of Crisis Management (CRI) and enable them to apply their obtained knowledge in potential practice. The course presents relevant information about principles of Crisis Management and its role in enterprises and other organizations (like municipalities, etc.), stresses the importance of managing of crises procedures and crisis leadership within organizations both in Czech and international subjects worldwide. Also, the goal of the course is to put emphasis on systemic relations and consequences of procedures and methods used within crisis management in companies while pointing out the relations and consequences of risk management as well as to present the examples of successful crisis management, too.
- Fundamentals of Crisis Management
Identification the Crisis Management Issues, Types of Crises, Crisis Prevention and Planning,
The Importance of Crisis Management, Identification of Crises, Crisis Definitions, Crisis Management and C-Suite, Anatomy of a Crisis, The Prodromal, Acute and Chronic Crisis Stages, The Crisis Resolution Stage; Crisis Prevention, Contingency Planning, Organizing a Planning Team, Assess and Scope of the Problem, Planning and Testing, Anticipating Crises
Crisis Recognition, Crisis Training, Crisis Resolution, Forecasting and Intervention
Different Warning Signals, Attitude Adjustments, Understanding the Crisis, Drills and Response, Types of Crisis Drills, Using the Crisis Impact Scale, Crisis-Plotting Grid and Crisis Barometer, Crisis Management Plans, Identifying the Crisis, Isolating the Crisis, Managing the Crisis, Use Project Management Techniques
Crisis Management and the Law, Crisis Management and the Publicly Owned Company
Integrating Crisis Management and Legal Strategy, Legal vs. Crisis Management Debate
The Communications Pros and Cons of Public Companies, How to Respond to a Crisis, The Danger of Ignoring Threats, Mergers and Acquisitions
Cultural Issues in Crisis Management, Crisis Communications
Crisis Communication Strategies, Internal and External Crisis Communications, Issues Management, Crisis Litigation, Crisis-Induced Stress, The Blame Game, Protecting the Brand, Crisis Communication for Publicly Traded Companies, Crisis Communications Plans, Controlling the Message, Handling a Hostile Press, Mastering the Media
Crisis Management Tools, Crisis Management Consultants, Special Risks of Crisis Management
Connectivity and Accessibility, Emergency Preparedness Checklist for Small Businesses, Hiring a Crisis Management Consultant, Decision Making under Crisis-Induced Stress, The Performance/Anxiety Curve, Tree Diagrams for Choice, Vigilance, Hypervigilance, Unconflicted Adherence, Unconflicted Change, Defensive Avoidance, Systematic Program of Crisis Avoidance
Learning from the Crisis Experience
Moral Imperative and the Future of Crisis Management, The Future of Crisis Management, Managing Hostile Takeovers, When Targeted by Activists, When Targeted by an Official Investigation, Record the Crisis Response, Rising to the Occasion
- Fundamentals of Crisis Management
- required literature
- FINK, S. Crisis Communications: The Definitive Guide to Managing the Message. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2013. ISBN 978-0-07-179921-8. info
- BERNSTEIN, J. Manager´s Guide to Crisis Management. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2011. ISBN 978-0-07-176949-5. info
- LUECKE, R. Crisis Management: Master the Skills to Prevent Disasters. Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 2004. ISBN 978-1-59139-437-2. info
- recommended literature
- JORDAN-MEIER, J. The Four Stages of Highly Effective Crisis Management. Boca Raton: CRC Press, 2011. ISBN 978-1-4398-5373-3. info
- FINK, S. Crisis Management: Planning for the Inevitable. Lincoln: iUniverse, 2002. ISBN 978-0-595-09079-2. info
- MITROFF, I. I., PEARSON, CH. M., HARRINGTON, L. K. The Essential Guide to Managing Corporate Crises. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1996. ISBN 978-0195097443. info
- Teaching methods
- One-to-One tutorial
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- Attendance in seminars 60 %, seminar paper, defence of seminar paper, discussion, final combined exam
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/winter2019/PEMNAKRI