OPF:PEMNAKRI Crisis Management - Course Information
PEMNAKRI Crisis ManagementSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Werner Bernatík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Werner Bernatík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Ing. Roman Šperka, Ph.D.
Department of Business Economics and Management - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: Ing. Šárka Zapletalová, Ph.D.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Business)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the theory and practice of crisis management as coherent set of knowledge, approaches, tools and experience. The content is built on the theoretical basis of management, strategic management, and business economics. The course is focuses on defining the basic concepts, development and current concept of crisis management, crisis management principles and contingency planning, which must respond to the crisis phase and legislative bases. Students should acquire knowledge of the application of theory crisis management both for economic practice as well as for the sphere public administration and non-business sector.
- Structure of Instruction:
1. The creation and development of crisis management, substance, object and goals of crisis management
2. Definition of basic concepts crisis, crisis situations, risk, management risk
3. Characteristics of a successful business life curve of the enterprise
4. Crisis management, crisis management operations, the role of crisis manager
5. Strategic contingency planning, emergency plan, crisis scenarios
6. The systems of early warning of an enterprise
7. The economic crisis diagnostics in the enterprise
8. Spreading the risk diversification strategies of the company
9. Crisis management in small and medium-sized enterprises
10. Crisis communication and its breakdown
11. The Crisis situations solved by public administration, emergency management authorities in the Czech Republic
12. International crisis management
13. The Casestudies of crises and their solutions
- Structure of Instruction:
- recommended literature
- KANEL, K. A Guide to Crisis Intervention. Praha: Publisher Boston, 2003. ISBN 0-534-54794-X. info
- Teaching methods
- One-to-One tutorial
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- The students work will focus on a specific project from processed business practice. Teachers will check seminary work before the test. Students will have the opportunity to consult with the teacher via email